Frequently Asked Questions
Product Questions Go To Top
Are your products new?
We don’t deal in secondhand products and only sell new blinds. Our blinds are custom made to your specifications.
How does your product differ from other blinds companies?
All our blinds are made from quality aluminium, basswood, plaswood, fabric & bamboo. Our supplier was established in 1989, and is a market leader in the manufacture and distribution of made-to-measure blinds and components. They have manufacturing facilities in Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town and the company’s main focus has been to revitalize and improve the standards in all aspects of the blinds industry. Today the company manufactures a large portion of its own components as well as enjoying exporting into Africa, Australia and different parts of Europe. They have a proven practice for a never-ending and consistent improvement to quality and style.
What types of blinds are available and how are they different?
Active Blinds offers the following types of blinds which are suitable for all window types:
Vertical Blinds in 90mm and 127mm
Venetian Blinds in both 25mm and 50mm
Plaswood Blinds in 50mm
Basswood Blinds in 50mm
Each type of blind will allow varying quantities of light into the room and are suitable for all types of windows. For more information on the products that we offer please visit our products page
Price Questions Go To Top
I can get my blinds CHEAPER from a chain store…
Yes most certainly you can but you should think twice because:
- Even though the blinds might look the same once installed, it is not of the same quality in the long run as that which we supply.
- In MOST cases, the sizes they supply are READY MADE sizes, and your blind will almost ALWAYS be too wide or too short to fit your specific needs.
- Most of the chain stores DO NOT SELL ANY PARTS FOR ANY of their blinds. In short, you need to buy a new blind EVERY TIME if something breaks or gets damaged, or if the blinds stops functioning.
I can get my blinds CHEAPER from another company. Will you be able to beat their price?
We are very competitive in the blinds market, and will do our absolute best to assist you with the best price possible. With that in mind, the quality products and professional services we provide from Active Blinds is the best there is to offer.
Order & Payment Questions Go To Top
How do I order blinds from you?
You can complete our order form from our website, sent us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively call us on Cell 079 049 3884 for a free quotation.
I am ready to place an order with your company. What do I do now?
Please double check the following:
- Make sure that the sizes you want to order are correct
- where the controls should be located (LEFT to RIGHT)
- the type of blind/s and color you chose
- and also if it’s an INSIDE or OUTSIDE mount
After confirming all the above details which should appear on your quotation given to you by us, you may proceed with placing your order. a Signed quotation from the person ordering the blinds will be mandatory to confirm that all the details are correct before placing the order. Also, a 50% deposit will be required before any orders will be processed. The outstanding balance will be payable on the date of installation or date of delivery.
What payment options do I have?
The following payment options are available:
- CASH deposit.
- CHEQUE deposit (Cheque needs to be cleared before any orders will be processed).
- EFT or INTERNET direct deposit (Some Banks will take a few days for the deposit to be cleared. Orders will be processed when deposit is cleared in our bank account).
- You can also use SNAPSCAN. Just download the app on your smartphone for free, follow the onscreen instructions, and scan our unique code to do your payment.
Can I change my order after I have paid for it?
Yes you can, as long as you notify us within 24 hours of placing your order. This can ONLY be done by e-mail.
We will confirm and approve your requested change by e-mail, provided that we receive your request on time.
When will my blind be ready?
Every blind order from us is custom made to your exact requirement. The lead time for manufacture is between 8 and 10 working days. (Everything depends on the type of blind and stock availability). We will always make every effort to get your blinds ready for installation as quickly as possible.
Installation Questions Go To Top
Will you come and do the measurements yourself?
Yes. Quotations in Bloemfontein, Free State are a free service that we provide to our customers. If you live outside of Bloemfontein, Free State we will negotiate reasonable traveling costs that will be beneficial to both parties.
Can I provide you with measurements I took myself?
Yes. But please keep in mind that an incorrect blind size ordered and paid for does not benefit anyone.
Accurate measurements are critical, only if you are going to use the measurements to order and install blinds yourself (DIY).
If the measurements are for the purpose of obtaining a rough quotation, then estimates or rough sizes will do.
Points to remember:
- ALL measurements must be measured in MILLIMETERS (mm) not CENTIMETERS (cm) example: 600mm x 800mm NOT 60cm x 80cm
- Specify on which side you would like the CONTROLS to be. LEFT or RIGHT. (In some rare cases the controls will be split to the LEFT and the RIGHT)
- Determine if you want an INSIDE (Recess Fix RF) or OUTSIDE (Face Fix FF) mount before you measure.
- Record and submit your measurements Width (Left to Right) FIRST, then Height (Top to Bottom) SECOND. ***Mixing up the Width x Height is one of the most common mistakes for receiving an incorrect sized blind.***
- Measure to the nearest millimeter, subtracting 5mm on both sides if the blind will be fitted on the INSIDE (a Total of 10mm should be subtracted from your sizes) for the blind to fit properly
- • If you want to fit the blinds on the OUTSIDE of the window, then you need to add to your measurements to cover the window on both sides as well the bottom and the top of the window for installation purposes.
- Measure EVERY window individually, because even though they are supposed to be the same size, very often they are not. Do not use the measurements from existing blinds, as they might not be correct.
If you are unsure about any of this, contact us. We are more than happy to help.
What is supplied with your blinds if I want to do the installation myself?
We supply you with the quality blind product that you have ordered, complete with all the necessary brackets that you will need to fit the blinds properly.
What is the difference between inside mount and outside mount?
- A recess fix (RF) mount is when the blind fits inside the window opening. Mounting as a recess fix (RF) generally has a cleaner, neater look.
- A face fix (FF) mount is when the blind is mounted above and around the window frame. Face fix (FF) mounting is normally used when there is not enough space to mount the blind inside the window opening. Face fix (FF) mounting is also a good solution for sliding doors.
General Questions Go To Top
Do you have photos of work that you have done recently?
Yes. Please check out our Facebook Page at https://facebook.com/freddactiveblinds for a wide variety of work that was done by us. While you are at it, kindly leave a “Comment” or “Like” on our page to help us improve on what our customers like or prefer the most.
Your work is EXCELLENT! Where can I leave a comment for other people to see?
How do I get pictures of my blinds on your Facebook Page?
If the blinds were installed by us, the chances are good that it will be uploaded to our facebook page.
I don’t want pictures of my blinds on your Facebook Page. Will you remove it if requested?
Yes. We only post pictures of your blinds for the purpose of showing off our quality products and expert handywork. We will gladly remove any pictures posted to our Facebook Page if you request it not to be displayed there.